Thursday, December 12, 2013

here, too

I'm trying to quit my fuck-book Facebook addiction. For those of you who don't partake in that madness, here is the list I posted of my top ten (well, fourteen) reads. 


I didn't let myself think too much about this. And of course a million other books are vying for these spots. But I can say with confidence these are books I'd recommend to anyone, any day. 

What, pray tell, are your faves? 

1. Alistar MacLeod, Island
2. Marilynne Robinson, Housekeeping 
3. Wallace Stegner, Crossing to Safety
4. Louise Erdrich, Love Medicine
5. Annie Dillard, Holy the Firm & The Writing Life
6. Terry Tempest Williams, When Women Were Birds & Refuge
7. William Faulkner, Light in August
8. Michael Ondaatje, The English Patient
9. Robert Olmstead, Stay Here With Me
10. Alice Munro, The Lives of Girls and Women
11. Zora Neale Hurston, Their Eyes Were Watching God
12. C.D. Wright, Steal Away


Oh shit. And about a hundred others.