Thursday, October 31, 2013

oh me oh my-o


So what have I been up to while not writing you love letters here at woodbird? Today I'm happy to announce.....I've been editing a book! Yes, a book! A book very dear and near to my heart, one I've been editing (which really just means gathering) since I left for college at eighteen and began seeking out writers who were rendering my home state via the medium of words.

It's an anthology of contemporary short fiction set in Vermont. In case you can't read that list of names, contributors include: Laurie Alberts, Megan Mayhew Bergman, Joseph Bruchac, Castle Freeman, Miciah Bay Gault, Suzanne Kingsbury, Howard Frank Mosher, Robert Olmstead, Annie Proulx, Wallace Stegner, and others.

The Foreword is by John Elder, one of the most articulate, kind and sharp writers out there.

You can read more about the project at Green Writers Press, which is throwing a grand launch hoopla tomorrow night in Putney, VT. If you're local, please come! (I'll be reading and playing a song or two as well...and my kids will no doubt be in the room...which means I'll be wearing about six of the ten shoes I wear all in one night.) I'm terrified. Come warm me?

xx
R


PS: You can also read more about Green Writers Press and the project here in 7 Days or here in the Brattleboro Reformer.

PPS: The book won't be available for a good while yet...but feel free to start getting excited now.