Wednesday, September 25, 2013

the long road turns to joy




Pleased this morning to say that my story "The Long Road Turns to Joy" is in the current issue of Alaska Quarterly Review. It's one of my favorite journals, birthed from one of my favorite states (albeit one I've never been to).

From what I've seen so far this particular issue looks to be a stunner: Afghan American Diptychs by Andrea Bruce, a short story by my neighbor Castle Freeman, Jr. (who happens to live in the old red farmhouse my great-grandparents, John and Olive, moved to in Vermont in the 1930s), and much more.

I'm not yet fully at ease seeing my words in print and the public exposure that entails (i.e. naked dreams) but this is my chosen vocation so...it's yours!

May your day be filled with good things and fine particles of light.

x
R