Wednesday, September 11, 2013

morning



Morning. I'm back. The children are no longer sick (I am, but that's okay). The sun is shining. There is tea in this cup and I'm alone. Sweet, generous hallelujuh.

My sweetheart, Ty, bought this here dream trailer a new domain name yesterday (since woodbirdand thensome.com was snatched up by some corporate domain-name-stealer trying to charge me lots of money for a name, clearly, no one else would ever want).

So welcome to themmornings.com. It has a nice ring, no?

I feel I've made vague reference to my new "job" recently but now that it's fall and I actually have ( a little) time to dedicate to it, I'll be more clear: I've become one of the editors at Green Writer' Press, a start-up press dedicated to green (and local) printing, giving a portion of all of its proceeds to environmental organizations (including 350.org), and giving voice to writers who will make the world a better place.

I.e: dream job.

My first project will be editing an anthology, which I'll tell you more about later. For now I hope you'll check out their site and "like" them on Facebook.

And while we're at it, a couple other good things to like, in one way or another:

This stunning essay by Leath Tonino about an encounter while biking through the backroads of Vermont.

This essay, also on Orion's blog, about using our wordsmith skills to help fight climate change (or at least die trying). This is something I think about all the time. It's part of the reason I'm in some re-gestational phase with my own creative writing. What, at a time like this, is the most important thing to write? To say?

Lastly, this interview with our friend Sam Amidon on VPR yesterday. His stuff is just lovely.

May your mornings be sun-filled and productive (in the broadest sense of the word), too.

x
R