Friday, August 2, 2013

musings

Photo by Michelle Aldredge

Every day I try and figure out what to do with my life. Every day I ask myself what it means to live a good one. I know I'm doing a few things right--raising these kids of mine, for one. I know at other times I'm spinning, or wasting my energy on things not meant to be, or not meant for me. There have been many times I've decided on giving up this music thing. The stage is not my favorite place to be.  The road tires me to no end. I'm an introvert. I love my chickens and my kitchen and my woods. But then there are times, like last night, when we get up on stage and sing and play and it, well...feels like a gift we're meant to give. Something we're meant to spin together. Something a little bit larger than either one of us on our own. So I don't know what to do with that. How are we to know what our greatest gifts are, and where and when we're meant to give them?


PS: could you imagine a prettier room to play in?