Tuesday, January 8, 2013

quiet here

There have been some wonderful shifts in our lives of late which might mean things end up being a little quiet here at woodbird; unlike my friend Danielle, who has quit teaching in order to write, I having given up my ounces of free time in order to teach. I am currently adjunct faculty at Union Institute & University, mentoring the independent studies of four amazing and courageous students.

We'll see how this all pans out, but for now, if you don't hear from me often the reason is that I'm either busy teaching, planning, cleaning the house, reconnecting with my phenomenal children or taking a romp through the woods and trees and fields outside my door. There are so many ways to give in this world. Sometimes we have to experiment to find the way(s) that fit us best.

On another note, my essay "Sugaring," published in Orion last spring, can now be read online, just in case you missed it or mud season or both.

xx
R